Monday, March 22, 2010

Opening Statement!

I live in Charlotte now. That means I have to gather, kill (if necessary) and cook my own food. I've decided to start my blog for two reasons. Hopefully it'll motivate and inspire me to create interesting, amazing, and delicious meals. As a bonus, it'll show the ones that love me that I'm eating well and staying alive.

I'm going to try to make two entries a week which means that I'm going to eat at least two home cooked meals a week. There are no restrictions to my entries/entrees and I'll try my best to make a variety of meals from places all over the world (most likely places I have visited). When applicable, I'll try to give a little story behind the meal.

Ingredients: Wheat Dough, Bisquick (sigh), Pesto, Salt, Pepper, Roasted Yellow Peppers, Blue Salem Cheese, Grated Parmesan, Romano Cheese, Pepperoni, Cherry Tomatoes, Olive oil, Memories of Italy and Friends

Wish List: Rolling Pin, pizza cutter, Flour

Things I Learned: Pizza crust should have been thinner. A rolling pin would have solved that problem.

Story: I made pizza tonight. I used wheat dough and I had to use Bisquick as flour since I didn't have any at the house. It worked out well but dried the dough out a bit. I didn't have a rolling pin either so I had to toss and thumb out the dough.

This was the first time I made pizza since I was in Radicafino, Italy. My friends and I rented a villa for the week. The place had a woodfire grill where one night we made pizza! This was my ode to that great night.

Pizza Night!


Woodfire Oven at our Villa


5 comments:

  1. Chef Dan! Your food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss chef dan's wood-fire grill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!! I like the back stories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. And delicious. Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had such a good time that night!! Man, that makes me miss Italy and our crew something fierce.

    ReplyDelete