Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't Fear the Paneer! Unless you fear delicious...

Story: Back in Charlotte after a long trip in Miami and Atlanta. I ate real real real well in Miami so I'm going to try eat healthier foods for a bit (aside from from the fried paneer I'm cooking tonight). I didn't have time to shop for groceries so I looked into the fridge and had some fried paneer, a tomato, and some onions. I typed those ingredients into Google and a dish creatively called "tomato paneer" popped up.


Tomato paneer is a side dish so I decided to grill some chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, paprika, and garlic.

Tomato paneer consists of tomatoes, paneer, and onions.

Heat up oil and throw in the paneer. You want to have a high heat so you can have a crisp up the paneer. Then, you can throw in the onions (keep the high heat so you can caramelize them).

After ten minutes, you can season with salt, pepper, and coriander. When the cheese and onions are nicely browned, stir in the tomatoes and let it cook uncovered for five more minutes.

Here it is! Grilled chicken, tomato paneer, and brown rice.

I added some mango chutney and Sriracha sauce for some kick.

Ingredients: Paneer, Tomato, Onion, Olive Oil, Coriander, Salt, Pepper, Garlic

Things to Know:
1. Firm tofu can be easily substituted for the fried paneer.
2. Season the paneer heavily since it lacks flavor.
3. Make sure you cook the paneer until it's brown and crispy. Try not to stir it too much since paneer tends to crumble.

2 comments: